DISCUSSION LEADER RULES:
1) The paper has to be ACCEPTED.
2) Have paper chosen and sent to JClub host (email@example.com) by Monday evening.
3) No annual reviews.
4) No conference proceedings.
DISCUSSION LEADER GUIDELINES:
1) Read the paper before submitting to JC host.
2) Start off with a 10 - 15 minute summary of the paper.
3) Discuss the implications for the paper you've chosen. (Why is it important to your field, etc)
4) Have notes to guide you through summary and discussion topics.
5) Please be prepared to bring up a few points of interest in the paper.
6) If using a projector for plots, make the plots BIG and forget the caption.
1) At the very LEAST, read the abstract, introduction, and conclusion of the paper.
2) Remeber, this is a discussion. If someone misunderstands something, help them out.
3) Try not to interrupt the discussion leader during his/her summary.
4) Show up.Team Discussions:
Powerpoint is not required:
In an effort to encourage discussion and participation, there is no powerpoint required. If however, you want to use powerpoint, please keep in mind that this is a discussion, not a presentation.
Local Research Talks:
Please feel free to chose a paper in your field as it will be easier for you to lead a discussion